Friday, October 21, 2016

Week 5 - Lima, Peru CCM (MTC)


Hola,

I just got back from the Lima, Peru temple! (about 5 minutes away from MTC by bus)  It was a wonderful experience and my best time yet.  It was an awesome bonding experience with my companion and it made me feel so good to be in the house of the lord.  Below are some pictures!












It was so wonderful to go!  I only got to go this one time because it has been closed for maintenance.

I'm not exactly sure when I will be emailing next btw because I think i leave next Tuesday for the field.  After that my p-days will be on Monday's.  Just letting you know it may be a little while.  I'm not exactly sure what time i will be emailing out in the field, and I may have less time.  Let everyone know that even though I do not have a lot of time to write, I do have time to read, and I always read your emails and it makes me so happy to know what is going on in everyone's lives.

I just wanted to mostly share my testimony.  It has grown so much here.  I was talking to the MTC president’s wife, and she was asking me how I got the testimony I have now.  I was thinking about it and I think it’s because I’ve lived the gospel my whole life and I’ve made it a part of who I am.  It has become embedded in me and I’ve seen the blessings of it.  You know me, I am a puzzle person.  I feel the gospel is this perfect puzzle, and I’ve seen that especially here and that it all fits together in this way.  It is so incredible.  The only One that can make a puzzle that is this amazing, is God.  He has a plan for us, and He loves us like crazy.  I know that families are meant to be together forever.  Families are an essential part of God’s plan.  He has put us in our families for a purpose.  I know that I have been put into my family for a purpose. And I’m so grateful that I have my family.   I know that prayer is real and that Heavenly Father listens to us.  I’ve had so many answered prayers here.  I’ve struggled and I’ve prayed and prayed.   I know that He has helped me and He has answered my prayers.  I know it is not me on my own doing.  I couldn’t have done this on my own without Him.   

I know that this church is restored through Joseph Smith.  I know that the Holy Ghost is real, I can tell when I don’t have it, I can.  I can tell when and why it’s there because I’m inviting the spirit and doing what I’m supposed to be doing.  That is when I have the companionship of the spirit with me.  I have grown to have a testimony of charity, which is love and service.  When you are serving others, you are serving God.  I’ve never felt more love for people than when I am serving them but I have to pray often to have that true charity.   I know this gospel is true, and I’m glad that I am here.  I know what I am doing here is very real and it’s going to bless people’s lives and I am grateful for that.   It’s crazy that I’m going to be out in the field next week and I am so excited.  I get butterflies in my stomach every time I think about it.  It’s scary but it’s good for me and I can't wait to get out there.  I love you and miss you all!!




No comments:

Post a Comment