Wednesday, April 26, 2017

WEEK 32 - Huanuco

April 24, 2017

Hola,

Another good week here in Ala Meda!  The weeks just fly by so fast that by the time internet comes around, it is hard to remember things that happened.  Most days we wake up, run, then study and are just out all day and before we know it, it is 9 pm and we are back home.  

Hermana Pliler and I decided to a fast together this week to just help us find more people to teach and help us with the work.  All week we didn't have any news and then Sunday we got 3 more!  It was really a tender mercy and I know that God is looking out for us. 

We have this really awesome investigator named Diego who is just so prepared for the gospel.  He loves reading the Book of Mormon and he has already read like a good chunk into second Nephi,  which is very rare.  He has a baptismal date for May and he came to stake conference yesterday and really loved it, so yay! 

We are also teaching this family called Encarnacion and they are super sweet but very difficult to teach. The thing here is many people are not educated so when we teach we have to go really slow with them. This family is hard because the mom and dad like the way they feel when we are around and teach and come to church, but when we teach something very simple,  they still will not get it. It is hard, and we are trying to think of other things we can do to help them learn and progress in the gospel. They have two kids that understand really well and are so awesome.  One of them is named Angelica and we usually have to ask her to help her parents. 

We are also teaching this really cute couple named Justinia and Maximo who live up in the hills and are super sweet but they also learn quite slowly. We have to read their Book of Mormon with them because they don't know how to read. 

Every Sunday we eat lunch at a members house.  This Sunday we went to a members named Viviana and Fabio.  Fabio is literally one of the greatest human beings I've ever met.  He is basically totally blind and deaf so when we talk to him we basically have to scream but he is just such a happy guy and loves talking to us. He was like ¨I love it so much when you guys come over and talk to me, why don't you come every day! haha!  He comes to church every Sunday and just sits in the gospel principles class probably confused out of his mind but he is still so dedicated and faithful, it is awesome. 

That guy that bowed to us last week, we ran into again, and it was literally the greatest thing of our lives. He bowed to us once again, and it is so incredibly hard for me to keep it together, but I really do hope we keep seeing him. 

Last pday we made homemade Reeses and no bake cookies and played Nertz and I kicked butt so that was fun and today we are playing volleyball at the church! 

Things are going well here in Huanuco.  President traveled up here and we had a zone conference with him and where he talked to us all about obedience. Not that were not obedient, but he talked about the miracles we can see when we are truly exactly obedient. So hermana Pliler and I are really trying to do all we can to be exactly obedient so that we can find new, amazing and prepared people to teach. 

I know that the Lord leads this work, but we just have to be an instrument that He can use to help His children. I know that it is hard sometimes to let Him take control, but I know when we do that we start seeing miracles in the work. I love being a missionary.  It has helped me change and grow in ways I never thought I could.  I LOVE YOU ALL!  

This Wednesday we are going to the jungle!!  Super pumped. 

Love,
Hermana Jensen

My crazy companion - Hermana Pliler with me


Homemade Reeses

At a market buying stuff to make tacos

No comments:

Post a Comment